The Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP) has been posted to the YHDP page on the HUD Exchange.
Submission Deadline: Monday, November 30, 2016 at 11:59:59 PM EDT
- YHDP is an exciting new initiative designed to reduce the number of youth experiencing homelessness in 10 participating communities (4 will be rural).
- HUD strongly encourages all communities to consider applying. Applications will be submitted throughgrants.gov (and not through e-snaps).
- Carefully and thoroughly read the YHDP NOFA to clearly understand the program expectations, requirements, rating and ranking factors before applying.
- This application is for your community’s participation in the initiative only. Project funding applications will only be submitted by communities selected to participate.
- Participate in the U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH) webinar HUD Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program: Strategies for Success on September 15, 2016 at 3:00 PM EDT.Register for the webinar.
- This application must be submitted by a community’s Continuum of Care (CoC) Collaborative Applicant, but must be co-developed with a broad array of community partners, including a youth advisory board*, a state or local child welfare agency*, youth homelessness housing and service providers, local schools districts, workforce development organizations, law enforcement, judges, corrections, and more.
*formal participation agreement required.
- Links to the NOFA, the application, FAQs, the AAQ portal, an introductory video, and additional resources can found on the YHDP page.
All information related to the YHDP NOFA is communicated via the HUD Exchange Mailing List. Join the mailing list to receive important updates and reminders.
If you are aware or suspect that the Collaborative Applicant, CoC members, or interested stakeholders are not currently receiving these listserv messages, please forward the following link, https://www.hudexchange.info/mailinglist/, to them to register for the listserv messages as this is the primary form of communication used by HUD to the public.
If you have questions related to subscribing to the HUD Exchange mailing list or have issues receiving listserv messages in your inbox please contact email@example.com. Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com to your contact list or safe senders list. This ensures that messages from the HUD Exchange go to your inbox and are not filtered to your spam or junk folder.
If you have questions concerning technical issues or the content of the YHDP NOFA, please submit them to the CoC ProgramAsk A Question (AAQ) portal on the HUD Exchange website.Make sure that the text of your question includes “YHDP” so that it will be appropriately routed to the YHDP team. To submit a question to the CoC ProgramAAQ portal, select “CoC Program” from the “My question is related to” drop down list on Step 2 of the question submission process.
The AAQ portal accepts question submissions 24/7. However, responses are usually provided between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PMEastern Time, Monday through Friday, except for weekends and federal holidays. Additionally, starting 2 business days prior to the application deadline, the AAQ will respond only to emergency technical support questions up to the deadline ofMonday, November 28, 2016 at 11:59:59 PM EDT.